Welcome to New Westminster, BC
Only 25 minutes from downtown Vancouver by SkyTrain, New Westminster is quickly becoming a destination in its own right. A rebirth of downtown is transforming the community with exciting new entertainment and residences.
Here’s what’s new within walking distance of Inn At The Quay:
- Revamped River Market & “Food 360” concept
- Pier Park boardwalk basketball courts & playground
- Shops at New West Station, restaurants, movie theatre & spas
Activities & Attractions
Stroll the New Westminster Quay boardwalk
Along this two-mile stretch, make stops at the new River Market, Pier Park, and the Fraser River Discovery Centre.
Browse Columbia Street boutiques and Bridal Row
Here in New Westminster you’ll find Vancouver’s Bridal Row stores, heritage buildings, galleries, boutiques and antiques shops.
Enjoy downtown shops and sips at Pacific Breeze Winery
Visit a nearby casino
Two 24-hour casinos are within a 15-minute drive of Inn At The Quay: Starlight Casino and Boulevard Casino.
Ride the SkyTrain
Want a hassle-free Vancouver visit? Avoid traffic and take the SkyTrain downtown. There’s a station across the street from the hotel (Columbia St. & 8th St.) and another one nearby at Columbia St. & 4th St.
Festivals & Events
- Hyack Festival (mid-May) Community festival with a parade, live entertainment, fireworks, sporting events, rides and carnival games.
- FraserFest (July) Celebrates fun along the scenic Fraser River with live performances and food vendors.
- Show & Shine (July) Hundreds of antique, custom and hot rod cars and trucks rendezvous on Columbia Street.
- BC Cultural Crawl (August) A self-guided tour of New Westminster gardens, galleries, museums and artist studios during the BC Day long weekend.
- Pride Week (August) Special performances, fundraising events and other entertainment throughout the weekend.
- River Fest (September) The Fraser River Discovery Center presents harbour tours, a boat parade, tours of the Samson V and live riverside entertainment.