If you’re planning a visit to Vancouver, don’t miss these popular activities and festivals. Check out a Vancouver map.
Activities & Attractions
Feed the belugas at Vancouver Aquarium
Help out at the belugas’ mealtime, learn what it takes to become a trainer, or help feed the playful sea otters.
Check out the fashionista scene on Robson Street
This downtown Vancouver street is the de facto promenade for designer fashions, outdoor cafes and authentic ethnic restaurants.
Meet a local artist at Granville Island
Pop into an artisan’s workshop or check out the boutique stores, theatres and restaurants, and famed Public Market at this 15-hectare (37-acre) mini-district.
See the best sunset in town at Stanley Park’s Third Beach
Walk the park’s seawall pathway (10.5 km/6.5 mi) and check out the totem poles and rose garden in Vancouver’s massive forest park.
Walk the Capilano Suspension Bridge
In North Vancouver, sway across the river and navigate a network of smaller bridges strung between the trees.
Festivals & Events
- Vancouver International Children’s Festival (mid-May) An extravaganza of play, storytelling and shenanigans in Vanier Park.
- Vancouver International Jazz Festival (June – July) An annual showcase of live jazz performances.
- Bard on the Beach Shakespeare Festival (June – September) A popular annual summer festival of Shakespeare plays performed in tents at Vanier Park.
- Pacific National Exhibition (mid-August – September) A fair with livestock displays, home and garden events, live music and cultural shows.
- Vancouver International Film Festival (September – October) A festival of movies from around the world, plus workshops and events.
- Bright Nights in Stanley Park (December) A sparkling Christmas light display in the city’s magnificent downtown park.